Rye Country Day School
REVISED -- COVID Protocols (1-18-22)
First and foremost, the health and safety of our athletes, staff, and volunteers remain our highest priority. Below, you will find a summary of actions we require to be taken to help ensure that we are lowering COVID-19 risk as much as possible while also allowing our players to compete. If protocols are not followed, the RCDS rink reserves the right to end said ice rental.
Required actions are:
1. Players arrive at the rink fully dressed when possible. They may wear skate guards into the building or lace their skates in the designated areas. Players cannot change in the parking lot both coming into the rink and exiting the rink.
2. Visiting team should arrive no earlier than 30 minutes before the scheduled contest.
3. The teams will enter the building after instructed by Security Guard. There is absolutely no entrance prior to this.
4. There will be NO locker-room access. A temporary area in the rink has been set up for dressing.
5. Masks are mandatory for all players, coaches and spectators while waiting outside prior to entrance to the rink and while in the building. Players must wear masks during games and practices.
6. Parents /guardians of U8 players may enter the rink if they show proof of vaccination and wear masks at all times.
7. Teams will be allowed two spectators (vaccinated) per player per game. A Security Guard will be stationed at the main entrance to confirm proof of vaccination for all spectators above the age of 13 must and must wear a mask at all times while inside.
8. Visiting team managers should provide 4 self-stick labels to the Rye Rangers Representative 15 minutes prior to the start of the game. Please include cell number for Team Manager and Head Coach on roster in the event RCDS needs to contact trace.
9. Players must take all equipment across the ice surface, including equipment bags, to the team benches. Water bottles must be clearly labeled with the player's name. We ask that the visiting coaches make sure that their bench area is cleaned after the game. Coaches should remind players that spitting anywhere in the building creates a serious health hazard and will result in their immediate removal from the rink.
10. All participants (players, coaches, and spectators) must leave the building through the designated exit within 10 minutes after the game.
11. Coaches and Rye Ranger administrators will coordinate with rink staff to move participants safely and efficiently through the building.
12. Coaches should ensure all players have exited the building and the premises prior to their departure.
Any additional guidelines from New York State, the Department of Health, USA Hockey, NYSAHA, or the Hudson Valley League may require some amendments to this list. Also, Rye Country Day and RCDS Rink reserve the right to set guidelines which may exceed the standards set by the named entities above.